Re: ACTION-2079: Draft ¨host language should¨ language for password that they should restrict elements it can apply to, with input from minutes of 2 june 2016 meeting (Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for this. Might I propose the following edits?

"Using the password role on elements that would not accept

<strike>passwords</strike>
<ins>a text string</ins>

could create a security risk in conforming user agents, prompting users to
enter a password in an inappropriate place where it could be accidentally
exposed. Therefore, host languages should restrict use of the password role
to elements that accept text input from users, and

<strike>only when within a form submission context.</strike>
<ins>must only be used on children elements within a form submission
context.</ins>"

JF

--
John Foliot