Re: ACTION-2079: Draft ¨host language should¨ language for password that they should restrict elements it can apply to, with input from minutes of 2 june 2016 meeting (Accessible Rich Internet Applications Working Group)

I don’t understand why this should be restricted to being within a form submit context. Whether I use a traditional form submit or something else shouldn’t be relevant to this discussion. As far as I’m aware there is no restriction placed on input type=password so why would we be putting a greater restriction on something with role=password?
Regards,
James