Re: APG Landmark Design Pattern Update and Questions related to Banner and Contenting landmarks

On 11 February 2016 at 16:02, Richard Schwerdtfeger <richschwer@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Freedom Scientific guidance on navigation web pages talks about starting
> with landmarks.
>
> The right solution is to educate the British Association of the Blind as
> to what landmarks are and how they are used vs. having the tail wag the
> dog.

I think that the TOC analogy is offbase as thats what heading structure
provides.
Landmarks, i suggest, are more macro content areas - I describe them (in
terms of HTML5 structures) [1] like this

"All of the page content is organised into a small number of regions which
are parents of the rest of the page content. Usually these regions are
identifiable visually by design and the type of content they contain, a
user can scan the page and quickly get a feel for the page content and find
what they are looking for."

[1]
https://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/2015/09/easy-content-organisation-with-html5/

--