Re: Github PR review assignment

A few thoughts come to mind:

  * In principle, automatic review assignment sounds good.
  * I think this will work best with a certain kind of review - the
    substantive proposals the group discusses in meetings. Editorial
    issues and stuff seem to benefit less, so we'll have to socialize
    using this only in the right situations.
  * If we do this, I'd like to try the "round robin" approach first,
    where everyone is assigned the same number of reviews over time. If
    we find reviews from certain people stacking up, we could remove
    them from the list of reviewer candidates or switch to load
    balancing reviews. But this means Carolyn will get assigned most of
    the reviews, so I think we should socialize effective use of
    round-robin instead, i.e., make sure people do their reviews.
  * I doubt that all members of the "aria-contributors" team are
    suitable reviewers. I can think of two ways to handle this:
      o Manually mark people as "never assign".
      o Create a separate team for review assignments, most likely a
        nested team of aria-contributors to reduce the risk of adding
        people in one team but not the other.
        https://help.github.com/en/github/setting-up-and-managing-organizations-and-teams/about-teams#nested-teams

Michael