Re: Minutes ARIA Editors 4 May 2016

On 06/05/2016 10:53 AM, Michiel Bijl wrote:
> Thanks. Sorry I wasn’t there. Not transferring branches was because I
> had issues with the command. Since we only had a couple branches; this
> was the easy way out. Should be possible.
I might need your guidance on the procedures as I prepare to split the
rest of the repositories in about a month.

> What is the plan for the practices folder in the ARIA repo? Should we
> replace with message saying it’s been moved? Or just delete all together?
For now, replace with a "this has moved" message, both in the gh-pages
branch and the master branch. You could also put a meta redirect with a
timeout of 0, so the client might redirect but there's a readable
message if the client doesn't redirect it or it's being accessed in a
way that doesn't trigger the redirect.

Down the road maybe we can remove the contents from the repository, if
we find a way to get GitHub to redirect (at least in gh-pages) without
having a file there. But meanwhile I assume it doesn't hurt anything to
have the commit history sitting there. Biggest worry is if people file
issues on the ARIA repository, but I guess we'll notice and can
redirect. You all seem to have people trained to use the practices
repository already...

Michael