Re: 7 Day Call for Consensus March 17, 2016 ARIA Working Group Resolutions

I spoke with Brett Lewis at Freedom Scientific and he agreed with the solution that if a password role were applied that rather that echoing they keys typed or speaking stars for each character typed that they need to echo the character *rendered*. He also had no issues with making this an author MUST for ATs because of the security issues. Users will also need to be made aware that if they run across a password field and the characters spoken, while typing, match their password that there are exposed to a security risk.

So, the net, net of this is that if we can get the ATVs to agree to this then this would solve all the issues related to a role=“password”.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger