Re: 7 Day Call for Consensus March 17, 2016 ARIA Working Group Resolutions

Hi Joanie, Matt

This is in actual response to Matt King but I see his post on the list and not in my email.

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria-admin/2016Mar/0035.html <https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-aria-admin/2016Mar/0035.html>

I like your solution. It is a simpler solution to the problem.

The problem is we have never told AT what they MUST do before. Perhaps for security reasons it is warranted here. However, if this is a MUST it would need to be in the exit criteria for ARIA 1.1 and we have never done that before. … that said it is easy to get two implementations.

I don’t want to open Pandora’s box however and start dictating how ATs render everything. That will be a non-starter I can assure you.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger