RE: 7 Day Call for Consensus March 17, 2016 ARIA Working Group Resolutions

Item 2 also implies that the braille display, if present, would show the inserted characters.

>I realize that "no one uses Linux." <grins> However, if the screen readers of
>the major platforms were to adopt such an approach, would it not address the
>concerns LĂ©onie raises?

I do use Linux a lot, which is perhaps why I didn't recognize a problem here.

I think the above measures would place a screen reader user in an equal position to users of the visual interface, who have to start entering text into a password field to find out whether or not it is hidden (as it normally should be). Also, not all password fields hide the text that is entered; one interface that I used recently had a "show password" check box next to the password entry field.

Thank you for your compliance.