Re: 7 Day Call for Consensus March 17, 2016 ARIA Working Group Resolutions

Hey all.

Regarding this:

On 03/29/2016 09:25 AM, Léonie Watson wrote:

> If I hear my password in clear speech, I know I have a problem and can
> take steps to remedy it. If I hear “* * *” whilst my password is visible
> on-screen, I have a much more serious problem because I am unaware there
> *is a problem.

For what it's worth, what Orca now does (semi-recent change) if
something has ATSPI_ROLE_PASSWORD and key echo is also enabled is twofold:

1. Do not echo keypresses
2. Do echo inserted characters

I realize that "no one uses Linux." <grins> However, if the screen
readers of the major platforms were to adopt such an approach, would it
not address the concerns Léonie raises?

--joanie