Re: Access Control: integrated Requirements, Use Cases and FAQ

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:23:26 +0100
To: "David Orchard" <dorchard@bea.com>
Cc: "WAF WG (public)" <public-appformats@w3.org>

Hi David,

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 19:12:38 +0100, David Orchard <dorchard@bea.com> wrote:
> I'm glad that Anne is including the reqs/uc/faq in the spec, but I'm
> seriously confused about what to review.  Art, you asked for the use
> cases you presented to be added into the doc, which I did.  Those aren't
> in Anne's document.

I haven't literally copied those use cases, but I believe their intent
they are in the ddraft.

>  We discussed a few things on the telcon, such as
> the non-requirement of JSON, that I updated (though haven't published
> given Anne and your comments) but aren't in the Ed draft.

That one isn't in because the requirements already address that
JSONRequest is out of scope. On request of Art and Mike I'm working on an
additional FAQ entry on this subject though.

> It looks to
> me like the content of this doc is fairly different than what people had
> been asking for previously.  Any time there is such a divergence,
> confusion often arises, which would slow down progress on reqs and use
> cases.

I hope the above addresses your concerns. If not, please let me know.

Kind regards,