[RDFa] Widgets Schema and an Example in RDFa + HTML

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:13:43 +0100
To: <public-appformats@w3.org>
Cc: "RDFa" <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

I recently read your proposals for a widget specification - very
impressive!

In the Widgets 1.0 Requirements WD you write ...

	'The manifest language must be defined using XML [...]'

Well, this doesn't exclude RDF, right? So here are my 2 cents:

Taking the Widget specification [2] as a start, I defined an
RDF schema for the manifest document [3], and created a sample widget,
marked up with RDFa + HTML [4]. To actually generate the RDF that is
embedded in the HTML file, one has extract it; the result of this is
available at [5].

I hope this helps you in your discussions. Please note that with this
approach other issues (IPR, content negotiation, etc.) can be easily
addressed as well - as shown in the sample with the license info.

Cheers,
	Michael

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets-reqs/#req_xml
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/