Re: [XBL] XBL Elements

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Cameron McCormack:
> > >   XBL user agents that do not support CSS should not render the XBL
> > >   elements other than the div element, which they should render as a
> > >   paragraph-like element.
> > >
> > > What about UAs that support CSS but not the box model, for example
> > > an SVG-only UA?  What does a paragraph-like element mean for them?
>
> Ian Hickson:
> >
> > That's defined by the SVG specification. (Any non-SVG element is
> > ignored.)
>
> In HTML, there is a paragraph-like element ('p').  But there is no
> paragraph-like element defined in SVG.  So I don’t think it makes
> sense for an SVG+XBL UA to render something “as a paragraph-like
> element”.
>
> What about defining it to render like a 'g' element?

That wouldn't work, since it's possible for an implementation to support
SVG, XBL, and other languages, at the same time.

In UAs that support CSS's 'display' property, like SVG UAs, the given CSS
block is enough. Since SVG UAs have to support the 'display' property, I
don't see that there is a problem with the text.