Re: XBL2

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> > The disposition of comments is at:
> >
> >    http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/xbl2/disposition-of-comments.html
>
> Is it possible to have the commentor’s name in there, as well as
> whether the commentor agreed or disagreed with the resolution?  This
> will make it easier for commentors to check the disposition of their own
> comments.

Whether the comment was agreed or not you can tell from the last line of
the comment, it'll be one of these:

   REJECTED
     reviewer's comment was rejected, but reviewer didn't respond

   AGREED
     reviewer's comment was accepted, but reviewer didn't respond

   PENDING FURTHER COMMENT
     reviewer needs to comment further before issue can be addressed

   CLOSED BY REVIEWER
     reviewer explicitly closed the issue without disagreement

   POTENTIAL FORMAL OBJECTION
     reviewer disagreed with response once, but did not follow up

   FORMAL OBJECTION
     reviewer disagreed with all responses

Sometimes more details are given using the "Status:" line after the
"Summary:" line.

If you want more information, please download Anne's script:

   http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2006/xbl2/disposition-of-comments2html.py

...and make it do what you want! :-) It'd be really cool if someone hacked
that script to make it download the first mail from each "Thread" block
and automatically filled in the disposition of comments from things like
the "From" or "Subject" fields of the e-mail in the archive. I did that
for the CSSWG disposition of comments once, but that was in perl.