Re: [XBL] Introduction

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> Anyway, currently the spec says that the default script language is ECMA
> 262.  Many of the examples in the document use features of JavaScript
> 1.5, which aren’t in ECMA 262.  So, either those examples should have
> script-type set so that the examples are actually in the language
> specified, or the examples should be changed not to use the getters and
> setters.

So I did some research, and ECMA 262 does have getters and setters. They
just haven't actually made it all the way through ECMA's standardisation
process yet. I've added a link to drafts of ECMA262-4 to the spec. I've
also clarified that while the examples use getters and setters, this
doesn't imply that they must be supported (or indeed that JS at all must
be supported, in any version).

We need getters and setters for XBL2, otherwise we can't do attributes,
which is a rather critical requirement. I don't really have a better
suggestion.