Re: [XBL] Selectors and Shadow Scopes

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Cameron McCormack wrote:

> 4.7.1 Selectors and Shadow Scopes
>
> For A+B, why does this not allow “explicit children” siblings to
> match if one of them were selected from a content or inherited element?
> This seems logical and to match with what A>B does.

Because it is far more complicated. I originally had much more
comprehensive selector definitions, but basically we dropped them after
other people pointed out various issues with implementing them, thus the
compromise situation we have now.

Let me know if you strongly feel we should allow what you suggest.