Re: [XBL] Editorial: suggestion for section 3.4 regarding xbl-bound event

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006, Marcos Caceres wrote:

> In section 3.4, paragraph 3, it reads:
> "This attachment is not necessarily synchronous. Scripts that invoke this
> method should not assume that the binding is installed immediately after this
> method returns"
>
> Maybe you should mention here that an xbl-bound event is fired once binding is
> finished. The first thing I thought when I read this section was "why is an
> event not fired?" only to discover  (much to my relief!) that one is fired but
> is described much later  in section 3.5. I don't mean for you to fully define
> the xbl-bound event in section 3.4, but just put the reader at ease that there
> is some sort of call back mechanism in place.

Agreed. Done.

> Actually, the xbl-bound event and other XBL specific events should
> probably have their own special place in the spec... even if they just
> implement the event interface. It would be good to have a nice table
> summary of what they implement and how they work or something.

I've added a chapter at the end of the spec that summarises the elements,
attributes, and events defined in the spec.

Let me know if I'm missing anything or if you have any requests for
changes or if the above doesn't address what you meant.

Cheers,