Re: Widget Requirements

Jim, Marcos,

On Feb 1, 2007, at 8:52 AM, ext Jim Ley wrote:

> A couple of notes - I think you brush rather lightly over requirements
> related to security APIs e.g. R19 and R11 are only SHOULD and MAY, I'd
> like to see widgets fully address this issue of how a widget can
> negotiate with a user (through preferences or whatever) access to
> different API's.  So I'd like to see a MUST here (of course this is a
> very difficult requirement, but ...)

Regarding R11, as currently written I think this requirement is
confusing. The intent seems to be something like:

[[
An instance of the packaging format must contain a Manifest Resource
[insert link to section 3.2]". The requirements of that resource are
defined in section 3.2.
]]

Thus I would re-word R11 to something like the above and delete the
list since most if not all of them have their own requirement in
section 3.2.

Regarding R19, Jim - would you please expand on what you mean by "how
a widget can negotiate with a user"?

I certainly agree Access-Control and Security are important issues.
However, as you imply the details here are likely non-trivial.

Regards,

Art
---