Re: XHTML and MIME

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 14:19:34 +0100, Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
wrote:
>>   5. "XML parsing failed: syntax error (Line: 8, Character: 0)" in
>> Opera;
>
> That's interesting...does failing to parse properly necessarily have
> to prevent rendering?

That's not really the point. The mistake could be on the first line. For
example, lots of pages have whitespace before the XML Prolog or don't
declare a namespace or insert some <meta> elements that are not "self
closing." And whether or not we render half of the page, it would still be
worse than in Internet Explorer. Not to speak of the differences in
scripting and such.

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>