Re: [XBL] XBL 2.0 Semantic-free XML elements

On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 karl@w3.org wrote:

># Similarly, XBL elements (other than the xbl element itself) that do not
># have a correct xbl element as an ancestor are in error too, and UAs
># must ignore them, treating them as they would any arbitrary
># semantic-free XML element.
>
> What is a semantic-free XML element? There is no definition for this.

It's an element that has no semantics. Where's the ambiguity? Why does
this need a definition? The term is self-explanatory.

> How does it differ in the processing for User agents?

Differ from what?

> What a user agent is supposed to do with something which is not s
> semantic-free XML element?

Whatever the element's semantics are defined as requiring the UA to do. I
don't really understand the question here.