[Widgets] also a feedback

From: Michael Rupp <ruppml@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 14:43:11 +0100
To: public-appformats@w3.org
 Hello,

i just read the Widgets-Working Draft and had some thoughts about that,
so i write them:

I agree with the idea of changing the name of the root node:
<component> or <module> would be my favorites, i think Names like
<configuration> or <about> are not useful in a file already called
config.xml.
In either case the "widgetname"-Node has to be changed accordingly.

I like the width and height-Nodes, for the reasons Marcos Caceres wrote,
so you can create a layout of all widgets before actually loading them.

Instead of the <id>-Node I would suggest a more complex structure like:
<version>
    <id>10.1</id>
    <timestamp>12345</timestamp>
    <source>http://www.getmehere.com/widget1.zip</source>
</version>

Although some might say, that this is more information then needed.

On the Interfaces:
I don't get the point on the openURL()-Method. Isn't that a feature the
Engine
has to implement and the Widget has to call, when someone clicks on a Link
inside the Widget? I think a method like parseData() makes more sense, with
wich
you can order a Widget to use specific data to manipulate.

Reading about the Window-Interface i ask myself how to manage Z-Ordering,
Minimizing, Maximizing, Hiding? perhaps some of this stuff could be part of
the
widget, while some of it has to be handled by the Engine.

I hope not everthing i wrote is nonsense,

greets Michael Rupp