[AC] new title, abstract and introduction

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2006 15:45:39 -0400
To: public-appformats@w3.org

They are a bit shorter than the current abstract and introduction, but I
think they're clear enough and should address the concern raised by David
Baron on this list[1]. (And also that from other people who did not
explicitly raise it.)

I do think that we need to add some examples as well and perhaps a
elaborate a bit more on the scenario that takes place (client does a
request, gets headers back, verifies, gets a bit of the content, verifies,
denies/allows/default), but I think we can do that after we agreed on the
syntax and the specific way of handling HTTP headers and XML processing
instructions (when combined).

===
Title: Access Control for Web Pages

Abstract: This document provides two mechanisms for a page to relax
typical cross-site scripting restrictions on accessing it. Using either a
HTTP header or XML processing instruction (or both) documents can indicate
they can be accessed from domain <var>A</var>, but not from domain
<var>B</var>, et cetera.

Introduction: Web browsers disallow a script on domain <var>A</var> to
access content on domain <var>B</var>, because of security considerations.
Authors resort to proxying the content through the domain hosting their
application (<var>A</var>) thereby increasing overhead and limiting
scalability. Access Control for Web Pages enables a way for authors to
declare that the content on domain <var>B</var> may in fact be accessed by
domain <var>A</var> by means of a HTTP header or XML processing
instruction (or both).

The HTTP header and XML processing instruction are designed explicitly to
enable extending the "sandbox" and are not meant as a restriction
mechanism. The expectation is that the user agent's default policy is more
strict. Therefore, it is always safe to fall-back to default policy in the
event of an error.

XXX: Is the above paragraph correct?
===

[1]<http://www.w3.org/mid/20060802183014.GA24161@ridley.dbaron.org>