RE: Decouple XBL2 From CSS

From: Doug Schepers <doug.schepers@vectoreal.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 13:56:19 -0400
To: "'Ian Hickson'" <ian@hixie.ch>, "'Mark Birbeck'" <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Cc: <public-appformats@w3.org>

Hi, Ian-

Ian Hickson wrote:

| XBL2 is based on discussion and listening to a broad range of
| inputs. It's one of the most openly discussed specs
| that is currently being driven by the W3C -- all discussion
| since late last year has been on public lists, both
| before and after being in the W3C

I understand that this spec has been discussed extensively elsewhere, but
not very much so on this list.  You have stated your conclusions, but not
any evidence leading up to them; I'm sure this evidence exists, so I would
appreciate a pointer to any substantive technical discussions that indicate
why XPath should not be a selector option for XBL2.

Regards-
Doug