W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-apa@w3.org > June 2018

APA minutes 2018-06-20

From: Gottfried Zimmermann \(Lists\) <zimmermann@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2018 12:42:28 -0400
To: "'W3C WAI Accessible Platform Architectures'" <public-apa@w3.org>
Message-ID: <004e01d408b5$ae1a9ef0$0a4fdcd0$@accesstechnologiesgroup.com>
HTML format: https://www.w3.org/2018/06/20-apa-minutes.html 
Text format: see below.
Summary of Action Items:
[NEW] ACTION: janina to review Web Audio API

Best regards,
Gottfried 

___________________________________________________

 Prof. Dr. Gottfried Zimmermann
Mobile User Interaction
___________________________________________________

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

     Accessible Platform Architectures Working Group Teleconference

20 Jun 2018

Attendees

   Present
          JF, janina, MichaelC, gottfried

   Regrets

   Chair
          janina

   Scribe
          gottfried

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Agenda Overview; Announcements
         2. [4]Charter Renewal Update
         3. [5]Captcha FPWD
         4. [6]TPAC 2018
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2018
         5. [7]Actions Checkin (Specs)
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8
         6. [8]new on TR
            http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html
         7. [9]Other Business
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> scribe: gottfried

   (Not enough people present to make decision)

Agenda Overview; Announcements

   Janina: We don't have a quorum, but we should still touch on
   status items.

   Gottfried: Maybe talk about recruiting new folks?

   Janina: Let's do that under AOB

   zakum, close this item

Charter Renewal Update

   Michael: Judy had some last-minute changes for me. Now done.
   Sent to management this week.
   ... Hoping for forwarding to AC soon

Captcha FPWD

   Janina: Michael working on a draft document. Hope to do a cfc
   on fpwd soon.
   ... s/fpwd/fpwd
   ... Hope we can finalize this doc before TPAC.

TPAC 2018 [12]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2018

     [12] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Meetings/TPAC_2018

   Janina: Registration is now open. Register at
   [13]https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2018/.
   ... We might want to have some joint activity with the TPAC. I
   will register our interest to meet with other groups.
   ... APA meets on Mon and Tue.
   ... Also possibility of having a horizontal review discussion
   during the plenary on Wed.
   ... With all groups doing horizontal review.
   ... Everybody should know that they need to check off the
   accessibility check through us.

     [13] https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2018/.

Actions Checkin (Specs)
[14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/products/8

   action-2111?

   <trackbot> action-2111 -- Janina Sajka to Check on the status
   of our previous comments on payments -- due 2017-02-02 -- OPEN

   <trackbot> [15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2111

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/track/actions/2111

   Janina: Still working on it#.

   Michael: Judy will talk with somebody on Friday, together with
   Janina. Our comments from the past have not been addressed.

new on TR [16]http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

     [16] http://www.w3.org/TR/tr-status-drafts.html

   Web Audio API,
   [17]https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-webaudio-20180619/

     [17] https://www.w3.org/TR/2018/WD-webaudio-20180619/

   Michael: We last looked at it in 2013 - we did not have
   comments then. So probably no problem.

   Janina: Handling of multiple audio devices may be an issue?
   Maybe beyond scope though...

   Michael: Don't see anything about multiple output devices.

   Janina: Give it to me for review.

   <MichaelC> ACTION: janina to review Web Audio API

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-2172 - Review web audio api [on
   Janina Sajka - due 2018-06-27].

   <MichaelC> action-2172:
   [18]https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Audio_API

     [18] https://www.w3.org/WAI/APA/wiki/Web_Audio_API

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2172 Review web audio api.

   <MichaelC> action-2172: [19]https://www.w3.org/TR/webaudio/

     [19] https://www.w3.org/TR/webaudio/

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-2172 Review web audio api.

Other Business

   Gottfried: Should new people be from companies?

   Michael: For most parts, we welcome invited experts. But might
   be a problem if people come from big companies.
   ... without the company being a W3C member.
   ... We are in a downward spiral because we have few people
   doing work. And since we are not doing much work, we don't get
   attention and new people.
   ... We have all these projects: verticals, spec reviews,
   payment process. How can we do this from where we are right
   now?

   Gottfried: I could send something to people i am in contact
   with. Do we have something like an invitation or advertisement?

   Michael: It might make sense to put together an invitation
   white paper. What APA does...

   Janina: I can do this. Something like an about us page.

   Gottfried: Does not need to be long. Just requirements, and
   links to information.

   Michael: We have some things up on our web page. Verticals,
   task forces, spec reviews. We could make that into a resource.

   Janina: I will draft a simple "about us" page. Who we are and
   what we do.

   Gottfried: We have some incentives for people to work with us,
   e.g. author names are on the docs.

   Michael: We have task forces that are technically dead. Can we
   do something for project leadership?
   ... You can talk about payments with Judy on Fri
   ... We lost our credibility for CSS because we pushed so much
   for this tf, but haven't done our work.

   Gottfried: Need projects working on Web accessibility. No
   European projects on this topic anymore, as far as i know.

   Michael: Shadi has some European funding, but not set up for
   individual participation in APA or so. Hard to get funding
   through W3C - but we could talk about it.

   Gottfried: European people could try to get money from the EU.

   Michael: Shadi has expertise in working with the European
   Commission. There are also foundations.
   ... Judy is promoting APA as one of the really important groups
   in W3C.
   ... But our small size makes it difficult to sell it.

   Janina: For specific purposes, we could approach special
   organizations. E.g. for payment, banks and credit card
   organizations?
   ... And organizations working on accessibility of these things.
   ... World Bank

   Michael: We would need a development person.

   Gottfried: Could we ask Shadi to think about funding?

   Michael: He looks through European funding anyway - he might be
   able to help.

   Janina: Worth asking.

   Michael: Lack of visible activity, lack of public knowledge on
   how to participate, lack of leadership in various subtasks,
   lack of funding to increase participation.
   ... Other things?

   Janina: Active groups: Personalization, Coga, RTQF
   ... We need people for looking into new publications.

   Michael: Maybe that is not interesting enough for people.

   Janina: We have both successes and failures in our tf approach.
   ... Not sure a spec review tf would resolve that.

   Michael: Technically, we have a spec review tf - but never
   operated as separate entity.
   ... Keep recruiting issue as a monthly topic in our calls?

   Gottfried: Good to remind people and keep it on the radar.

   Michael: We might struggle with quorum for the next couple of
   month.

   Janina: We can add this to standard checkin at the beginning of
   the agenda. Replace APA charter...

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: janina to review Web Audio API

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [20]scribe.perl version
    1.152 ([21]CVS log)
    $Date: 2018/06/20 16:40:38 $
     __________________________________________________________

     [20] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [21] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

   [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15
Check for newer version at [22]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

     [22] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/fpd/fpwd/
Succeeded: s/fpd/fpwd/
Succeeded: s/ti/it#/
Default Present: JF, janina, MichaelC, gottfried
Present: JF janina MichaelC gottfried
Found Scribe: gottfried
Inferring ScribeNick: gottfried
Found Date: 20 Jun 2018
People with action items: janina

WARNING: IRC log location not specified!  (You can ignore this
warning if you do not want the generated minutes to contain
a link to the original IRC log.)



   [End of [23]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

     [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Wednesday, 20 June 2018 16:42:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Wednesday, 20 June 2018 16:42:55 UTC