Re: Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML) in HTML and Digital Publishing

Dear All:

I'm resending the following because I've not yet heard back from ETS,
and I know we'd like to have this conversation soon, if possible. Also,
I neglected to see the APA list the first time around--now rectified.

		--Janina

Dear Markku, Jason, Irfan:

Herewith a quick update on your request with a next steps request from
APA ...

The update is that APA has submitted our charter renewal draft to W3C
management:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-apa/2018May/0028.html

The scoping statement in this draft we believe is most relevant to your work request reads as follows:

"Leverage existing W3C markup technologies to produce new specifications
which support content personalization for various identified
accessibility requirements;"

APA would like to discuss with you your thoughts on how you see your
features becoming implemented in the web stack at an upcoming APA
teleconference which are scheduled for the Noon hour Boston time on
Wednesdays. If there is a particular Wednesday upcoming in the next
month or so that works for you, we
would like to reserve that hour for an architectural overview
conversation with you. Please indicate when you might like to proceed.

Best,

Janina

PS: APA's last discussion of this request is logged in our
teleconference minutes at:
https://www.w3.org/2018/04/25-apa-minutes.html

--

Janina Sajka