Re: iggy test server installed

On Fri, Apr 30, 2004 at 09:00:28AM -0400, Mark Smith wrote:

> Marja-Riitta Koivunen wrote:
>

> >Eric,
> >
> >I think the problem is in my test Amaya version as I can see the
> >annotation with an older stable Amaya version. (We did not have any
> >problems with the DC 1.1 annotations even with the older servers just
> >with the DC 1.1 replies that used dc properties in the query.)
> >
> >I will probably need a corrected Amaya test version before I can
> >continue testing iggy.
> >
> >I did notice that in
> >http://iggy.w3.org/annotations/annotation/1083156542.499364 the
> >annotation is using DC 1.0 for the creator when it uses DC 1.1 for
> >everything else but while we do want to correct that to make the
> >conversion final, the queries should still work.
>
> I was hoping someone else would respond and clarify... but since no one
> has I'll ask:  what is the DC 1.0 vs. 1.1 issue?  Is it just a matter of
> the server and client working together regardless of which version of
> Dublic Core is used?

We're using somthing around DC 1.08 . Less flippantly, we're part way
through migrating from 1.0 to 1.1 . The test server queries for either
1.0 or 1.1 (which inspired implementing OR which was great fun) and
generates 1.0. The amaya client is publishing annotations with 1.1 and
parses either 1.0 or 1.1 . After a reasonable deployment interval,
we'll switch the server to generating 1.1 for the DC data that it adds.
--
-eric

                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520
                        JAPAN
cell:   +1.857.222.5741 (does not work in Asia)

(eric@w3.org)
email address distribution.