Re: URGENT: bodyValue

Do we also remove Composite, List, Independents and bodyValue from the
JSON-LD context document and ontology?  These are, admittedly,
non-normative, but it seems strange to me to keep them when they're not
actually part of the model/vocabulary.

If we remove them, then their use would require a different namespace and
an extension context.  It also seems weird to have RFC normative statements
in informative appendices, so I've tried to at least lowercase them and
re-describe them as potential features rather than actual requirements.

My preference is to remove them, especially given we need a new CR for
vocab.

Rob

On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Robert Sanderson <azaroth42@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm okay with moving it to an appendix, as that seems the easiest to
> justify of the four options.  The argument against it is the weakest.
>
> It does mean a new CR on vocab too, as it's normatively defined and
> there's no use of it in other contexts, unlike Choice and Agents, or the
> classes marked at-risk.
>
> Rob
>

> On Fri, Nov 11, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Cole, Timothy W <t-cole3@illinois.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Apologies for missing this one ahead of today's call.  Not sure if I
>> missed it by being fooled because it showed up in more than one annotation
>> (albeit only 1 implementation), or if I just missed it because I prefer not
>> to think about bodyValue.
>>
>> Regardless, my recommendation would be to treat it the same as you are
>> treating Choice-Target and Creator-Target. I believe this would be
>> consistent with the decision of the WG earlier today and we should not
>> invent a new pattern in spite of the temptation some of us may have to do
>> so for this particular key.
>>
>> So, move it to informative appendix or mark at risk for the CR extension
>> - whichever it is you are doing for the other 2 features that do not yet
>> have 2 implementations and are unlikely to get 2 next few weeks (in the
>> latter case of marking it at risk, as you say, it will be moved before we
>> enter PR unless another implementation turns up during the CR Extension).
>>
>> For me, the fact that there is one implementation (as there is for
>> Creator-Target) argues against jettisoning bodyValue from the document
>> altogether, as does the fact that the WG discussed at length and in the end
>> decided to include it.
>>
>> Regarding Exit Criteria, I assume that today you are removing the exit
>> criteria for Choice-Target and Creator-Target, and should do the same for
>> bodyValue.
>>
>> If marked at risk or relocated to an informative appendix now, would we
>> have the option to consider dropping bodyValue altogether when we do
>> finally move into PR (personally, I'd rather not do so at that point in
>> time, but just asking).
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Tim Cole

Semantic Architect