Re: [web-annotation] Web resources SHOULD be dereferencable via their IRI

> On 3 Nov 2016, at 10:29, gsergiu <notifications@github.com> wrote:
>
> @iherman <https://github.com/iherman>
> but would not expose the annotation structures directly and hence
would use URN-s, as a matter of convenience, as IRI-s for the
annotation.

> According to the dererencability recommendations, the URNs should be
 dereferencable as well, even if they are not "directly" deferencable.
 There should be some indications how to dereference URNs. Or at least
 this is how I understand the Deferencability recommendations.

That is not my reading, see [my earlier
comment](https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/372#issuecomment-257917121).
 And regardless… nobody would use it for the example I gave. It is
used to handle, say, ISBN URN-s, DOI-s, and stuff like that, which are
 non HTTP URI-s used for public identification of things. The example
I gave is very different. I do not see absolutely no reason for us to
use a SHOULD when we cannot enforce it and, actually, I would not do
it myself either if I implemented following the model I gave.

We get to the point when, I believe, we have to agree that we
disagree...

--
GitHub Notification of comment by iherman
Please view or discuss this issue at