Re: Rights on the annotation and annotation body

> On 20 May 2016, at 17:51, Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca> wrote:
>
> I'm certain this came up before, so pointers would be appreciated:
>
> Are there use-cases where the rights on the annotation is different than the rights on the annotation body? Or is it simply because it is possible to associate the rights anywhere.

I think that, actually, the use cases are everywhere just turn the argument upside down: I may want to annotate any kind of resources, with whatever right they may have. For the sake of arguments, let us say the target is under control of a big publisher, and there is an image somewhere on the Web with CC-By that is a perfect illustration of the target. I can make the annotation essentially connecting the image to the target; why would I have to be forced to put the *annotation* itself into CC-By? Why couldn't I assign a, say, CC0 to this association?

Ivan