Re: EC Disinformation Action Plan

Although the EC's disinformation action plan doesn't reference AI, this
study by the European Parliament addresses the policy options:
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/STUD/2019/624279/EPRS_STU(2019)624279_EN.pdf

This article claims a 92% detection rate:
https://whatsnewinpublishing.com/turning-fake-news-against-itself-ai-tool-can-detect-disinformation-with-92-accuracy

This one references a joint MIT/Harvard initiative to improve
journalism:
https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2019/these-projects-are-using-ai-to-fight-misinformation/

As time permits, I will continue rendering such plans in StratML
format.  The StratML collection <http://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm>
currently contains about 82 plans
<https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=AI&btnG=Google+Search&domains=stratml.us&sitesearch=stratml.us>
referencing AI.  (Unfortunately, Google returns the entire files and
doesn't enable direct links to the sections of the plans in which the
queried terms reside.  Better query services are needed that take
advantage of both the structure as well as the semantics of valid XML
files.  Existing full-text query services are artificially ignorant
<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/artificial-ignorance-owen-ambur/> and,
thus, needlessly wasteful of users' time and attention.)

Owen