Re: Paper and talk in 2020, Arlington and reminder tor co chairs statements

Dear Milton (and other candidate co-chairs)

A mission statement is not for the group - we have that already, although
you are welcome
to add to it.
The missions statement should include a list of activities and commitments
that the co-chair
plans to undertake to fulfil the existing group statement and activities.
So that after one or two years we can look back and say Milton became a
co-chair to do 1.2.3.
ad during his term he has done what he said he wanted to do (or more, or
less)

Your statement repeats what is already in the existing mission and what we
have had since the group started, so far I have been doing the talks,
papers, engagement etc.
(Dave sent us the slides of a talk but this group did not have any input on
the topic, and is not mentioned on the slides)

For example, I have given 3 talks, where I have requested input to the
group, mentioned
the group url in my slides, have a special issue in production and have
published 3 articles
related to the group mission with the group affiliation, have engaged with
a few groups including ieee, iso, EU and NIST on behalf of this group.

Your mission statement here somehow just repeats what we have so far,
instead we need to know
what do you plan to do to support the group's existing statement - or if
you want to change it?
How do you plan to work on, or expand, the groups current activities?

Please give us in a sentence or paragraph a mission statement for what
exactly
you plan to do when you become co-chair in relation to the proposed
activities which this group
is already undertaking,  Just one or two things from your list will be
great, but with more specific measurable targets
See some pointers below
*. *
*<1> Affiliate, collaborate and align with all international organizations
that focus on AI and the ethical use thereof, and where activities,
programs or projects exist that focus on knowledge representation in
particular, to contribute to the standardization, harmonization,
interchangeability and uniform application of KR definitions and concepts
in platforms and software, hardware and firmware implementations for AI;*
* i AM WORKING WITH A BUNCH OF ORGS INCL IEEE, EU, NIST, OpenAI, and others*
*WHICH  INTERNATIONAL ORGS SPECIFICALLY ARE YOU GOING TO WORK WITH AND TYPE
OF COLLABORATIONS ARE YOU GONIG TO START?*

*<2> Participate in events, conferences, seminars, workshops etc, where the
role of KR in AI is a main topic, as defined in <1>*
*YES I HAVE ALREADY DONE THAT MANY TIMES, PLEASE TELL US WHICH CONFERENCES
YOU PLAN TO PARTIIPATE IN DURING YOUR TERM AS CO-CHAIR*

*<3> Create an overview, directory or listing of all academic and research
institutes which focus on AI and KR in particular;*
*WE HAVE ALREADY STARTED THAT, PLEASE MAKE A COMMITMENT TO WHAT YOU WANT TO
WORK ON*

*<4> Create a meta overview of available literature on AI and KR searchable
by industry, scientific discipline or field of engineering, or method,
theory and technology applied;*
*YES, WE HAVE ALREADY STARTED THAT, PLEASE TAKE OWNERSHIP OF ONE OR MORE
AND*
*LET US KNOW HOW YOU PLAN TO DEVELOP IT*

*<5> Create a Topic Map of AI and KR;*
*YEP, THIS IS IN THE PLAN, IS THIS SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO DEVELOP?*

*<6> Create proposals and outlines for selected fields (industry,
scientific disciplines or fields of engineering) where other working,
technical or community groups of the W3 can be engaged, e,g in
(e)Governance, Health Care, Bio and Life Sciences, Sustainable Development,
Scientific Research.*
*Possible topics: AI for literature review, AI in online search, the use of
KR  theories and methodologies in web technologies*
YES, WE HAVE ALL THAT ALREADY IN THE WORKS, PLEASE SELECT ONE OR MORE
THAT YOU D LIKE TO DEVELOP

ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program, W3C AIKR CG
Thanks a lot Milton!

Your statement is good, but it more or less repeats what is already in the
existing mission and what we have been doing since the group started, the
problem is that I have been doing the talks, papers, engagement etc.

So your mission statement here somhow just repeats what we have so far

Please give us in a sentence or paragraph a mission statement for what
exactly
you plan to do when you become co-chair
which

Sans Serif