From: M. Stuart Lynn [mailto:lynn@icann.org]
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 3:05 AM
To: Androuchko, Vladimir
Subject: 2002-2003 ICANN Budget Input Request

Dear Vladimir:

This is to solicit the PSO's thoughts and recommendations regarding
ICANN's budget for the financial year 2002-2003. This is to assist me
in drafting the Preliminary Budget, which will be posted in February
and discussed at the March meeting in Accra.  I and the ICANN-Board -
and in particular the Finance Committee of the Board - are
particularly interested in the PSO's views on budgetary priorities
and special needs.

Comments received by January 10, 2001 will have the most effect in
shaping this first stage of the budget process, although you will
have continuing opportunities through the budget cycle to submit your
concerns. Therefore, these next six weeks are the best time for
Supporting Organizations, Constituencies, Advisory Committees, and
other constituent units of ICANN to identify and communicate those
activities that they believe warrant new or changed attention in the
coming year.

In particular, we seek your opinions on:

1. Function and activities ICANN should expand, perform more rapidly,
or perform better;

2. Functions or activities ICANN should decrease, perform more
slowly, or perform more superficially; and

3. New projects or activities ICANN should undertake or support.

Please help me and the Finance Committee understand the reasoning
behind the priorities you offer in response to this invitation.

Attached to this covering note you fill find background information
on the current year's budget and priorities, some thoughts on what we
might expect during the next financial year, and the budget process
schedule.

We look forward to hearing from you. Please email your views to
budget@icann.org no later than January 10, 2002.

With warm regards,
Stuart

--