I don't give up! Re: Comments to the ALSC

Dear Leslie, dear PSO- PC colleagues,

I see the point made up by Leslie where some inconsistencies appear.

I do not give up easily and therefore have tried to reconcile both
paragraphs by softening some of its content.

I enclose my proposed 2nd revision (with and without revision marks) for
your consideration.
Kind regards,
Azucena
At 12:18 8/10/01 -0400, Leslie Daigle wrote:

>Thank you, Azucena, for your efforts in reconciling the viewpoints.
>
>I will look for broader IETF input before commenting further, but
>will note already that:
>
>> PSO-PC has no strong objections to restrict the membership of the
>> proposed ALSO to "those individuals holding a domain name".
>
>is not consistent with:
>
>> While the ALSC report concludes that this is a problem for e-mail
>> based voter registration, it is our opinion that existing technical
>> systems are not sufficient for precluding the same behaviour in
>> individual domain registration based systems.
>>
>> If ICANN at large voting "membership" is important, tying it to
>> second- or third-level domain name registrations could lead to
>> the creation of more registrations that are not tied to functioning
>> domains. It would then also tend to further flatten the tree. Neither
>> of these is desirable.
>
>Leslie.
>
>azucena.hernandez@POP3.TELEFONICA.ES wrote:
>>
>> Dear Vlad, dear PSO-PC colleagues,
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your work on merging the 2 available contributions (ETSI
>> and IETF) to the ALSC report.
>>
>> Since our last teleconference, ETSI Board members have made further comments
>> to the ETSI contribution on the light of making it more acceptable to other
>> PSO PC members. I detected some problems for Leslie and Steve accepting the
>> bullet points related to having 6 seats for each SO in the ICANN Board. ETSI
>> proposes to delete them and just keep a general point : same number of seats
>> per SO (3 like now or even more if needed). I enclose a revised version of
>> the document submited by Vlad.
>>
>> I have also rephrased the introduction to make it clearer (as for a
>> non-english native reader).
>>
>> Both Tapio and myself are happy with this enclosed revision but we are ready
>> to keep negotiating to get a single PSO PC reply.
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Azucena
>>
>> At 11:10 5/10/01 +0200, you wrote:
>> >Hello,
>> >Dear Protocol Council Members,
>> >As you have decided during last conference call to merge the comments of
>> ETSI and IETF to the ALSC Draft Report on the At-Large membership, please
>> find attached the draft merged version for your consideration and comments.
>> >Best regards,
>> >Vladimir
>> > <<PSOCommentstoALSCDraftReport.doc>>
>> >
>> >Attachment Converted: C:\Eudora\Attach\PSOCommentstoALSCDraftReport.doc

>>    Part 1.2    Type: Microsoft Word Document (application/msword)
> [...]

azu rev2 PSOCommentstoALSCDraftReport.doc

clean-azu rev2 PSOCommentstoALSCDraftReport.doc