PSO GA 2001

Dear All,

I have good news: after extensive discussions with the EP TIPHON management,
we have managed to get the PSO GA accommodated on Wednesday, 11 July 2001,
in the afternoon, from 16:00 to 18:00 CET or later (as much as we need).
This in just the middle of the TIPHON meeting (that goes from Monday 9 to
Friday 13 July), in the same amphitheatre and should therefore ensure a
maximum participation from the TIPHON attendees.

Actually the 11 July afternoon timing schedule is the following:

-- 14:00 -15:30 CET, TIPHON Plenary, where presentations will be given,
providing
        1) an short overview of the TIPHON Release 3, to introduce:
        2) the plans and organisation for TIPHON Release 4 (this will be the
result of the TIPHON WGs discussions, since March 2001)

-- 15.30 - 16.00 CET, Break

-- 16.00 - 18.00 CET (or later) ICANN PSO General Assembly

I will appreciate your comments and approval of this proposal, at your
earliest convenience, so that I can proceed with publishing an official
announcement on the PSO web-site.

Should you be already able to provide an estimation of your availability to
attend on 11 July 2001, this would definitely help.

A very draft Agenda for the PSO GA could look as follows:

1. Opening

2. An update ICANN overview (presentation by ICANN staff)

3. Annual PSO Council Report on major activities undertaken during 2000-2001
period (?)

3. IP-related activities of ITU (presentation by Fabio)

4. IETF activities (presentation by Scott Bradner)

5. Plans for 2001 PSO nomination to the ICANN Board (?)

6. Open discussion with participants (all)

As you can see, I took the liberty to add some more agenda items than
initially agreed with you. Please let me know by e-mail your comments and
any other suggestions you may have. I will publish the agenda on the
web-site and send the official invitation to the external speakers (like
Scott Bradner) ONLY AFTER we can agree on all the items.

Livia Rosu
PSO-PC Secretary

Internet Business Development Officer
ETSI - The place for standards