Re: FW: New Version Notification for draft-bishop-httpbis-grease-00.txt

On 05/25/2018 05:54 AM, Mike Bishop wrote:
> There was a recent incident with a peer which closed the connection
> on an unknown setting, and that has given rise to some discussion
> about greasing HTTP/2's extension mechanisms (frame types and
> settings).  This draft is a quick proposal to do just that; if it
> gets traction on the HTTP/2 side, I'll put the same requirements into
> the HTTP/QUIC spec.

I recently started working on QUIC and saw they do this with their
version negotiation, it's pretty smart.

There's a typo -->

2.1.  GREASE for Frame Types

    Frame types of the format "0xb + (0x1f * N)" are reserved for use as
    grease.  These frames have no semantic meaning, and SHOULD be send

... SHOULD be sent

-Andy