Re: Referencing ETLD+1.

A further refinement if you just want to define etld+1, (but I think you
need the previous one for 'how to bind cookies' - but that might just be a
distraction for you.)
https://httpwg.org/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis.html#terminology

"The term “public suffix” is defined in a note in Section 5.3 of [RFC6265]
<https://httpwg.org/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis.html#RFC6265>
as “a domain that is controlled by a public registry”, and are also know as
“effective top-level domains” (eTLDs). For example, example.com’s public
suffix is com. User agents SHOULD use an up-to-date public suffix list,
such as the one maintained by Mozilla at [PSL]
<https://httpwg.org/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis.html#PSL>.

An origin’s “registered domain” is the origin’s host’s public suffix plus
the label to its left. That is, for https://www.example.com, the public
suffix is com, and the registered domain is example.com. This concept is
defined more rigorously in [PSL]
<https://httpwg.org/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis.html#PSL>,
and is also know as “effective top-level domain plus one” (eTLD+1)."