Re: Referencing ETLD+1.

Perhaps Mark or Mike West will have a better idea, but I think what you
need is in the active 6265bis work:
https://httpwg.org/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-rfc6265bis.html#storage-model

6265bis is making very slow (but steady) progress - taking a normative
dependency on its completion would have, imo, a predictable consequence of
blocking publication of token binding for quite a while. While there hasn't
been a consensus call on the language in that section of 6265bis there is
no controversy around it (other than the normal iterative vs declarative
style questions)- so my advice would be to use it as a template for
describing what you need and engaging the author and http wg for review and
any updates that might be required.

Sorry I don't have a better pointer at hand. Perhaps someone will come up
with a normative source.

-P