Re: 2nd Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live-03

On 5 April 2018 at 11:10, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> We've been through an extended WGLC for this document. The editors have incorporated feedback and published a new version:
>   https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live-03
>
> Changes from the last WGLC:
>   https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-httpbis-rand-access-live-03.txt
>
> Because the diff is not trivial (see 3.2. Shift Buffer Representations), we're having a second WGLC, ending on 19-04-2018.
>
> Please send feedback, statements of support or otherwise to the mailing list, or open new issues. If you spoke up during the 1st WGLC to support this, we'd appreciate hearing from you again.
>
> Regards,

The new chunk of text in 3.2 seems to address the big concern I had,
about shift buffer representations.  The earlier references (including
ABNF) are also appreciated.

I assume the RFC editor will deal with the capitalisation of "Very
Large Value" vs "very large value". I'm still not sure about the
double-caret exponentiation syntax, though: I've never seen it written
like "2^^63" or "2^^53".  Is this a thing?

Cheers
--
  Matthew Kerwin
  https://matthew.kerwin.net.au/