Re: Opsdir last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-origin-frame-04

Hi Jouni,

Thanks for the review.

> On 2 Dec 2017, at 5:26 am, Jouni Korhonen <jouni.nospam@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Minor Issues: Editorials
>
> o The document does not pass IDnits.
>
> ** Downref: Normative reference to an Informational RFC: RFC 2818
>
>  This is obviously intentional but I did not see any mention of this e.g., in
>  the proto write-up.

FWIW, 2818 is in the downref registry.

> -- Obsolete informational reference (is this intentional?): RFC 5988
>  This should obviously be 8288 as it obsoletes 5988.

Thanks, fixed in source.

> o line 256         s/clients SHOULD not/clients SHOULD NOT

I see this on line 303 of the .txt of -04; did you see it elsewhere?

> o line 146         s/The origin frame/The ORIGIN frame

Likewise, I see this on line 173 of the .txt -04.

> o line 429    What does "case-normalization" mean? I could not immediately find
> that expression, at least not in the referenced RFC6454. If it means making the
> ORIGIN header values lower case, just state that.

In the referenced spec:

"""
5.  Let uri-host be the host component of the URI, converted to lower
       case (using the i;ascii-casemap collation defined in [RFC4790]).
"""

I've added a reference to the step number to clarify.

Thanks again,

Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/