Re: HTTP/2: allow binary data in header field values

Hi Willy,

On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 12:04 AM, Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:
> So if that's done only after the sender has received the recipient's
> SETTINGS frame, I think it's safe, possibly at the cost of an extra RTT,
> unless such behaviour could be enforced by configuration where that makes
> sense.

Well, it just means that the first few requests would be sent with
base64 encoded binary header field values (i.e. using standard RFC7540
rules), and after receiving recipient's SETTINGS frame with this
extension, sender would start sending "raw" binary header field values
prefixed with NUL byte (0x00).

Hope this clarifies things!

Best regards,
Piotr Sikora