RE: Geolocation header

Walter H. wrote:

> There are many applications of HTTP that do not depend on websites.
> these are waste and nobody really wants them: advertising, tracking, ...

That’s a rather simplified view and a pretty sweeping statement. I’d proffer there are several members of this working group that are responsible for, or have direct experience with such applications of HTTP. Caching in various forms springs to mind but there are many more. Pursuing a line that ignores the existence or usefulness of such use cases doesn’t add much value to this thread of discussion.

Lucas

http://www.bbc.co.uk