Re: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-httpbis-retry-01.txt

> Applications sometimes want requests to be retried by
> infrastructure, but can't easily express them in a non-idempotent
> request (such as GET).

nit: did you mean "in an idempotent request (such as GET)"?

> A client SHOULD NOT automatically retry a failed automatic retry.

Why does RFC 7230 say this? I am aware of HTTP clients that completely
ignore this suggestion, and I can't offhand think of a reason why this is a
good rule-of-thumb to follow.