Re: Expectations for TLS session reuse

For Firefox at least, we key the session cache on the origin.  That
includes a broader definition than the simple scheme-host-port
definition of origin (for instance, we annotate things specially for
private browsing).  Any time this tuple doesn't match we don't even
find the session state.

We have had a few discussions about what it might take to do what you
describe.  It gets interesting when you combine this with 0-RTT.  I
think that we'd like to find a way to do this, but it's not simple.

For now, I think that the only way to guarantee resumption is to start
with the original name.

I think that Google have a hack of some sort in QUIC that lets them do
cross-origin resumption for their properties, but I don't know the
details.