Re: Expectations for TLS session reuse

+1 to both mike and mt's response.

I'd like to stress that 7540 not only talks about h2, but it talks about h2
connection reuse across origins. A connection in this parlance is the whole
tcp/tls/alpn stack.

so if you have an existing connection it may get reused for a different
origin (subject to the rules in that section) e.g. to coalesce a request
for img2 onto an existing connection to img1.. but if no connection is
currently present the UA may connect and SNI to img2 and not try and reuse
the tls session. Reusing the TLS session for that seems out of the scope of
7540 section 9.

nonetheless I think its a reasonable thing to explore as mt referred to..
but in my mind we don't have standards coverage for it that I can think of.

-Patrick