Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-jfv: what's next

From: Alex Rousskov <rousskov@measurement-factory.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 10:29:56 -0600
To: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>, Matt Menke <mmenke@google.com>
On 10/19/2016 08:45 AM, Willy Tarreau wrote:

> It could be useful to know if Squid sees such responses, because in general
> it will not be used to access local network devices but will still face the
> internet and a wide spectrum of self-hosted servers that we don't see.

The Squid Project does not collect customer statistics but there is
plenty of evidence that Squid HTTP/0 code is still in use. Naturally,
most of that evidence comes as bugs related to misinterpreting malformed
HTTP/1 traffic as HTTP/0 but, IIRC, intercepting customers still see
genuine HTTP/0 _requests_ from various scripts and devices. Some of
those requests may expect an HTTP/0 response...

Alex.