Re: HTTP/2 - Unintended consequences of pseudo-mandatory TLS

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 10:06:51 +1100
Cc: Phil Lello <phil@dunlop-lello.uk>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se>
Thanks, Daniel.

Phil, we had a pretty extensive discussion about this, and as a WG decided not to require TLS for HTTP/2.

I'm sympathetic to the need for a forum for such discussions -- and it's pretty clear that they're far from over -- but this isn't relevant to our current work.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/