Re: Proposal: Cookie Priorities

On Mon, 7 Mar 2016, Mike West wrote:

>> What happens to cookies that are actually called 'Priority' ?
>
> Like cookies named "HttpOnly" or "MaxAge", this is handled by step 1 of
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6265#section-5.2, which splits the cookie
> string on the first ';' into the name/value pair, and the set of attributes.

IOW: they'll stop working or get mixed up since we can't tell them apart?

HttpOnly isn't done using a key/value so it actually easy is to separate from
a cookie named HttpOnly. Max-Age for cookies was first suggested in RFC 2109
(from what I can tell) from 1997, which in theory would make it less likely to
ever have worked very good as a cookie name.

Priority, however, has been a perfectly fine cookie name since the dawn of
cookies. I of course have no idea how common it might be though.

Or am I missing some subtlety?

--

  / daniel.haxx.se