CONTINUATION frames on half-closed streams?

From: Joe DeVivo <joe@devivo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2016 20:40:32 +0000
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org

Section 6.2 of RFC-7540 says:

A HEADERS frame carries the END_STREAM flag that signals the end
of a stream.  However, a HEADERS frame with the END_STREAM flag
set can be followed by CONTINUATION frames on the same stream.
Logically, the CONTINUATION frames are part of the HEADERS frame.

And Section 5.1 says under the idle stream state:

Sending or receiving a HEADERS frame causes the stream to
become "open".  The stream identifier is selected as described
in Section 5.1.1.  The same HEADERS frame can also cause a
stream to immediately become "half-closed".

Section 5.1 goes on to say under the half-closed (local) state:

A stream that is in the "half-closed (local)" state cannot be used
for sending frames other than WINDOW_UPDATE, PRIORITY, and
RST_STREAM.

But, the two statements above make me think that a half-closed stream could also send one or more CONTINUATION frames if it first sends a HEADERS frame with the END_STREAM flag set, but not the END_HEADERS flag set.

I can read the spec both ways, so I'd appreciate some clarification.

Thanks,

--joe