Re: Using SRV records with a http Web Service

From: Erik Nygren <erik@nygren.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 14:25:40 -0500
To: Glen Knowles <gknowles@ieee.org>
Cc: Benjamin Carlyle <benjamincarlyle@soundadvice.id.au>, Phillip Hallam-Baker <phill@hallambaker.com>, Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>, "ietf-http-wg@w3.org Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Following a discussion a year or so ago I put together a (now-expired) I-D
that attempts to address many of these use-cases while also providing a
mechanism to effectively communicate ALT-SVC via the DNS:

           https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-nygren-service-bindings-00

I've collected a bunch of feedback since then and am overdue
for publishing an updated version.

       Erik