Re: Adjustments to our work mode - please read

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 4:43 PM, Brian Smith <brian@briansmith.org> wrote:

> - Provide a separate, announce-only mailing list that is subscribed to
>> every issue change, for those who do not want to use a github account to
>> receive notifications. See: <
>> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/http-issues>
>>

> Note that GitHub comments can be edited and deleted after the fact, so it
> is very important that the http-issues list be a reliable archive of all
> the communication.

​Brian's comment caused me to go look at the archive, which is found here:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/search/?email_list=http-issues#

There is a bit of a problem using the new mailing list archive system with
the current method. As it stands, the mailing list archive truncates the
subject of the email after a certain point (apparently no matter what the
width of the window it won't go beyond a certain number of characters).
Because the issue numbers come at the end of the line, the issue number
drops off.  This is already visible in the archive, even though there are
only three messages.

Any chance we can massage github to move the issue numbers to the front?

Also, it was not entirely clear to me from the headers whether the mailing
list archive system threading will work correctly with these messages.  By
any chance, did you test that with another list?

regards,

Ted