Re: Call for Adoption: draft-fielding-http-key

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 08:05:25 +0200
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2015-10-01 07:22, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> We discussed this document in Dallas:
>    <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-fielding-http-key>
> ... as well as on and off since then.
>
> Based on the feedback received and after discussion with our Area Director, I believe that we should adopt this document as a WG product, with a target of Proposed Standard.
>
> Since I'm an author on the document, I've asked Martin Thomson to be Document Shepherd, to help judge consensus both of the CfA and during the document's LC, should we adopt it. He has graciously agreed.
>
> Please comment on-list; we’ll make a decision about adoption at the end of next week. The result of this CfA will also help us determine how to go forward with the Client Hints document.

I support adoption.

One interesting aspect of this document is that it sort-of asserts that
there's a standard parameter-based syntax in header fields, which I
believe would not to be fleshed out. Alternatively/Additionally, it
gives us yet another good reason to discuss a new standard syntax for
new header fields.

Best regards, Julian